Wednesday 24 November 2010

Funny MARTA Story #1

So, as any vistor to Atlanta probably knows, riding the Marta is always an adventure (just watch this).

I've seen a lot of funny/peculiour shit since riding the bus/train a bunch of times since getting here, whether it be the bizarre middle aged man writing this on a pad and then holding them up and reading them again, nodding to himself, or the balloon man on the train to Indian Creek from 5 Points making balloon swords for the little kids, and their beaming faces as they dueled but the best thing I've seen happened on a train from Sandy Springs this past Friday afternoon.

I was sat facing the doors and a few feet to my left was sat a middle aged man. Glasses, baseball cap, stone washed jeans and white sneakers. He looked a lot like Toby Radloff, the nerdy colleague of Harvey Pekar's in American Splendor (RIP). A few seconds after clocking him, another guy gets on and sits down next to him and they begin to talk. He's dressed in in dark, jeans, a fairly snugg fit and a dark coloured shirt. They have loud, very pronounced accents again, like Toby Radloff only more southern and as I sit listening to them I can't help but crack a smile. Such peculiar dudes! Anyways, the second guy gets off and a few minutes later as I'm looking out the window I start to hear a buzzing sound, like an electric razor. I look over and Toby Radloff-a-like is shaving with an electric razor. He's concentrating hard and seems oblivious to the funny looks he's getting from myself and the other commuters. He finishes shaving and proceeds to take the guard off the razor and blow the hair out, which goes all over the floor of the car (he's hardly got a 5 o'clock shadow so it's not as if there's a lot, but it's still pretty gross). No photos/videos sadly. I guess you had to be the

No comments:

Post a Comment